SEA 2012 BEST PAPER AWARDS
Best Research Paper
Dr. Nigel Gwee
Southern University and A&M College
Best Student Paper
Ms. Paula Esplanada
University of the Philippines
Mrs. Bibi Zarine Cadersaib
University of Mauritius
CONFERENCE TO BE HELD IN
Global Science and Technology Forum
The Annual International Conference on Software Engineering & Applications provides a forum for researchers in academia and industry to share the latest technologies and developments in this rapidly developing field. This conference stresses inter-disciplinary communication, and affords valuable outreach opportunities to professionals and students alike.
Software engineering, like all other branches of engineering, deals with the design, implementation, application, and maintenance of systems related to diverse areas of human endeavour. Its uniqueness, however, lies in the intangible nature of its product: software, which certainly has significant tangible consequences, nevertheless.
Today’s software systems are large and complex, and their successful execution requires the coordinated efforts of a large number of domain experts, not all of whom know much of the computing aspects of the enterprise. The role of the software engineer in this environment is a crucial one, and is one that requires much more than just knowledge of computer science. In this conference, the central role of the software engineer, as shown in its application to a wide variety of areas, both scientific and artistic, will be clearly apparent.
Keynote Address "Computer Science and the Liberal Arts: The Scientific Connection" will be delivered by:
Dr. Nigel Gwee
Editor-In-Chief SEA 2013
Department of Computer Science
Southern University and A&M College, USA
• The Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251-2217, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251-2225) will be indexed by Ulrichsweb, EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, PsycEXTRA and will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect
and amongst others,
• Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
• Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal on Computing (JoC) (Print ISSN: 2251-2217, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251-2225) which is indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest, Ulrichsweb and Cabell's Directories.
• Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in "The ICT Age Vol. 2" to be published by GSTF in collaboration with Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
This book will be edited by Dr. Edmond Prakash and co-edited by Dr. Anton Ravindran.
• SEA 2013 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
GSTF PARTNER UNIVERSITIES
SEA 2013 PARTNER UNIVERSITIES